April 2, 2012
MADD Power of Parents Luncheon
We care DO you? Our office will be conducting a MADD – Power of Parents LUNCHEON on APRIL 21st at 11:00 to 11:30 and Lunch will be served after the Presentation.
Location: Fearnow Insurance, Inc.
11607 E. Dr. M.L.K Blvd.
Seffner, FL 33584
This is a Powerful Resource for Powerful Parents.
With The “Power of Parents, It’s Your Influence” program, MADD provides knowledge and resources for parents to talk with their teens about alcohol.
Please RSVP by April 10, 2012
MAKE A DIFFERENCE –
The risks associated with underage drinking are sobering. Parental influence is the most important factor in keeping your children safe. The risks
• Underage alcohol use kills more young people than all illegal drugs combined.
• High school binge drinking is a major predictor of binge drinking in college and later in life.
• More than 40 percent of individuals who start drinking before the age of 13 will develop alcohol abuse or alcohol dependence at some point in their lives.
• High school students who use alcohol or other substances are five times more likely than other students to drop out of school or to believe that earning good grades is not important.
The solution: Parents
• 74% of kids (8-17) said their parents are the leading influence on their decisions about drinking.
• Doing interventions as a family can reduce underage drinking and drunkenness by 30-60%.
• When parents and kids are better connected, kids are less likely to drink or use other drugs.
Contact Information: 813-689-8878