November 18, 2014
Board Approved Expenditures, First Annual Holiday Lights Contest & More In South Ridge
By Kim Ruiz
The South Ridge Homeowners Association board met earlier this month to review and approve the 2015 annual budget. Thanks to careful management of expenses, there will be no increase in 2015 assessments. Coupon books will be mailed to all homeowners in late November in time for the January 1 payment. Homeowners who do not receive a coupon booklet, please contact McNeil Management.
The board approved expenditures for the coming year in these categories:
- Up to $150 to replace holiday wreaths and other decorations as needed for the entrance.
- Annual printing of the community newsletter to be mailed to all homeowners in November.
- NEW: First Annual Holiday Lights Contest. Based on the survey results on South Ridge’s Website and homeowner support at the meeting, the board will select a first and second prize winner no later than Saturday, December 20. The two winners will receive a $25 gift card and have photos of their holiday display posted on the HOA Website.
- Entrance sign replacements in March 2015. The current signs are fading and warping and will be replaced with new signs per bid by Signs by Mineo.
- NEW: An expenditure of up to $1,000 for security patrols to drive the community in three to five hour shifts during the holidays. Patrol officer will be authorized to issue speeding tickets. The board will re-evaluate the effectiveness of these patrols for future needs in South Ridge.
Homeowners who may be traveling or busy for the holidays are encouraged to sign up for automatic payments to be drafted from their accounts. When necessary, homeowners are reminded to submit a written request for delay of payment to McNeil Management if they are unable to make a timely assessment payment by January 1. The board will review and approve such requests as quickly as possible. Failure to pay assessments on time will result in collection action that will add hundreds of dollars in fees to the payment.
South Ridge HOA is a “no soliciting” community and a sign is posted at our entrance in the median. Residents should inform solicitors there’s no soliciting in the neighborhood and contact the HCSO at their non-emergency number at 247-8200 if the solicitor does not leave. While some are genuine offers, others are “casing” homes for burglary opportunities. Don’t open the door to strangers, don’t invite solicitors into a home, and remember to be alert for suspicious activity if strangers are seen going door to door.
For more information, visit www.southridge-brandon.com.