Pepin Academies has recently partnered with the Brandon Sports and Aquatic Center (BSAC) to expand Pepin’s transition program to the area. The Centre for Unique Abilities has been created and is now accepting new students for the Brandon Campus. The Centre provides training for transitional students 18-22 years old, post high school or with a deferred diploma. Orientation starts Saturday, May 14. Class times are Monday to Friday from 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
For older students past the age of 22, there is a Grant program which lasts only until June 30. Please apply as the grant funding covers tuition and all ancillary costs needed to provide education to each student.
The goal is to provide individuals with learning disabilities the opportunity to develop work skills.
The newly expanded program offers the following areas of work-training:
• Automotive Services-Students will master window tinting, auto detailing, car assembly, interior trim and more.
• Business Administration-Students will learn important customer skills and become Microsoft Office proficient.
• Childcare Services-Students will learn how to work in a childcare environment.
• Custodial Maintenance-Vital skills like pool maintenanceand other custodial activities will be taught to interested students.
• Medical Services-Courses offered help students learn skills like medical support, Moffitt Cancer Center support, and medical policy compliance.
• Criminal Justice Services-Courses offered help students demonstrate mastery of competencies, including scanning, document retention and destruction and policy compliance within the Criminal Justice Department.
The program offers students the opportunity to work in supervised apprentice positions with many major companies throughout the Tampa Bay Area. Pepin Academies are tuition-free charter schools, with campuses in Tampa, Riverview, and New Port Richey serving students with learning disabilities in grades 3-12 and age 18-22 since 1999.
If you feel the Pepin Academies Centre for Unique Abilities is the right program for your child, please call. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis and will fill quickly. Grant funding covers tuition and all ancillary costs needed to provide education to each student.
For more information or to set up an appointment, please contact Ann K. Bouchard at 203-3806 or email email@example.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment.