Opens Thursday, November 8 for a limited engagement
St. Petersburg, FL – November 2, 2012 – The first visible sign of the arrival of the one and only Cirque du Soleil and its big top touring show KOOZA in St. Petersburg is the raising of the white Big Top and the set-up of the Cirque du Soleil Village. The event took place at Tropicana Field this afternoon where a team of over 60 men and women hoisted more than100 steel poles from the ground up.
About the White Big Top and the Cirque du Soleil Village:
• The Big Top stands about 66 feet high, and is 167 feet in diameter.
• The 4 masts stand at 80 feet tall each.
• The Big Top can accommodate about 2,500 people.
• The entire site set-up includes installation of the entrance, hospitality and rehearsal tents, administrative offices, workshops, kitchen and school.
• The Big Top and Artistic tents are all climate-controlled with air conditioning in warm seasons and heating for colder seasons.
• KOOZA travels city-to-city with more than 60 trailers carrying the entire village.
Starting on Thursday, November 8, tickets for KOOZA may be purchased in person at the box office, located inside the Big Top’s entrance tent. The box office is open on show days, 90 minutes prior to show time until 30 minutes after the beginning of the show.
Tickets for KOOZA are available online at www.cirquedusoleil.com/kooza.
Performance schedule: Wednesday to Friday at 7:30 p.m.; Saturdays at 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.; and Sundays at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. No performances on Mondays and Tuesdays. Visit our website for a detailed show schedule.
Displays featuring the signature colors and distinctive images representing KOOZA are beginning to brighten select, highly visible locations throughout the Tampa Bay area, including the exterior of Cassis American Brasserie that overlooks Beach Drive in downtown St. Petersburg.
Cirque du Soleil gratefully acknowledges Infiniti, CGI, XEROX and Sun Life Financial as the official sponsors of the KOOZA 2012 North American Tour.