How Studying Abroad Changed My Outlook On Life

By Bella Ferretti I’ll never forget everyone telling me, “You’re going to come back a new person after studying abroad.” As a Florida State University...

The Florida Orchestra Names New CEO

The Florida Orchestra (TFO) has named Ignacio Barrón Viela as its new president and CEO, the orchestra announced. He brings global experience to lead...

You Matter To Me Provides Relief For Migrant Families Across Area

By Ava Benedict “Your passion develops over time, but your curiosity is what leads you down a particular path,” said Barbara Howard, founder of You...

Tompkins Named To Florida 4-H Hall Of Fame

The UF/IFAS Extension 4-H Youth Development Program and Florida 4-H Foundation are honored to announce the 2023 inductees to the Florida 4-H Hall of...

Brandon Chamber Awards Recognizes Community Leaders And Key Citizens

Five awards in a field of 13 finalists highlighted the Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce Awards Ceremony, held on June 8 at the Brandon...

Congratulations To Area High School Valedictorians & Salutatorians; June 2023, Brandon/Winthrop

“Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world,” – Nelson Mandela. Congratulations are in order for this year’s valedictorians and...

GFWC Brandon Service League Presents 2023 High School Scholarships

The GFWC Brandon Service League presented its annual high school scholarships at a luncheon on June 3. This is an exciting time for league...

High 5 Inc. Dedicates New Memorial Garden To Special Needs Program...

High 5 Inc. recently dedicated the new TRIDENT Memorial Garden during the nonprofit organization’s 60th anniversary celebration. The garden was dedicated to Candy Corsi,...

Plant City Arts Council Awards High School Scholarships

The Plant City Arts Council has awarded its annual high school scholarships. High School seniors who have high achievements in academics, community service and...

Hillsborough County Public Schools Offers Migrant Education Program

School can be difficult for any child, but if you factor in coming from a migrant family, it can be much more difficult. Hillsborough...