Boy Scout Troop Finishes Eagle Scout Project For Fallen Member

By Anna Edlund Following the loss of Joshua Sangiorgio, his Boy Scout troop held a remembrance ceremony to finish his partially completed Eagle Scout project...

Payton’s Legacy Shines On: Honoring A Courageous Teen’s Battle Against Brain...

By Keiko Moral In the face of adversity, one unwavering teenager’s remarkable spirit and determination continues to inspire countless others. Payton Hardy, a vibrant 15-year-old,...

Ye Mystic Krewe Of Gasparilla Awards College Scholarships To Local High...

By Anna Edlund Four local high school seniors received college scholarships from the Ye Mystic Krewe of Gasparilla (YMKG) Community Fund. Choosing to donate $120,000...

My Advice On How To Make The Most Out Of Studying...

By Bella Ferretti As a Florida State University (FSU) Valencia study-abroad student, I went to five countries, two continents and nine cities, all in the...

Sam’s Honey Bees Shares Hands-on Experiences And Education

By Sophia Walck Sam Goodwin is an Apollo Beach beekeeper who shares his love for saving bees and teaches classes after retiring from the Army...

Riverview High School Graduate Shares Story At Annual Mike Evans Gala

On June 10, Riverview High School graduate and lifelong Buccaneers fan Cody Szelc spoke at the second annual Mike Evans Family Foundation Gala, from...

Plant City Entertainment To Present ‘The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas’

Plant City Entertainment (PCE) will present The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas over several weekends in July. Plant City Entertainment, a local nonprofit, is...

Newsome Football Player Commits To Naval Academy

Once again, there will be a Newsome High School alumnus on the roster for the United States Naval Academy as Tyler Edwards, class of...

Rep. Vern Buchanan Announces Local Service Academy Appointments

Congressman Vern Buchanan recently announced that 13 students nominated by Buchanan have received an appointment to a U.S. service academy. “I congratulate these outstanding...

JROTC Cadet Leadership Camp Introduces Cadets To Adventure Training

From rappelling off a 40-foot tower to ziplining from tree to tree roughly 20 feet in the air, the Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps...